This manual will show you how to level the 3D printer bed of your E2 Raise3D device. Follow the easy steps below to set up the level with simple tools and the friendly-user interface of your device.
List of Tools Needed
1. The first step is to press the “Power” button on your device. Then click the « Setting » icon on the right upper corner of your screen.
2. Next, under the menu “Machine”, select the option « Maintenance » and then choice the option « Make X-Axis Level Up » move up the X-axis and it will touch the top beam until reaching a horizontal position. Make sure to check the images below to have located exactly the images that you will see on your screen. (Note: The grinding sound produced during this process is normal. Do not be worried about this).
3. The next images will help you to follow the process on your screen to start leveling the bed. The first step is to return to the “Home” page. At this point, you need to make sure that the printing plate is completely clean. Then click the « Utility » icon on the screen, and next click the option « Leveling »→ »Simple Mode ». The device will start a 9-point automatic leveling. Following, after the 9-grid interface automatically closes, this is an indication that the leveling is finished. (Note: If the « flatness » is 0.25 value or below, this indicates that the auto bed leveling has finished. In case the number that appears is not the previously indicated, follow the instructions on step 4).
4. This is the step that you should follow in case the « flatness » value is more than 0.25. Following click « Done » to return to the « Move Axis » option, then click the « Disable Motor » icon to disable this selection.
5. Then under the “Utilities” menu, select the option « Leveling » and on the right side of “Simple Mode” you can return to the report provided for the auto-leveling process. Then select the option « 2D » mode to view information generated for the report. Make sure to see the images below to have a clear view of how your screen will appear when selecting this option.
6. Next, carefully remove and take out the printing plate form your 3D printer.
7. Continuing under the “Simple Mode” menu, then you will see that the yellow area is raised, and the blue area will appear concave. The next step is to click on the desired area and the error value will be displayed in the top left corner of your screen. As a reference, see the following pictures as an example, on this the left area appears in blue, this indicates that you will need to operate the left two screws.
8. Grab the 2.5 mm hex wrench to operate the screws. The screws that show the positive part will need to be rotated into a clockwise direction in the corresponding area, and the screws that show the negative part will need to be rotated into a counterclockwise direction making sure this is within the corresponding area. Next, place the print plate onto the print bed when finished. (Note: One full rotation of the wrench is a change in height of 0.5 mm.）
9. To ensure that the auto-leveling is completely set, repeat the steps 6-8 until the auto-leveling report shows that the printer is ready to use. (Note: The recommendation to print complex models is using the « flatness » set to 0.25 value or below).
10. When the device is ready to print, a “Ready to Print” message at the bottom on the left side corner of your screen will appear.
Connect with Raise3D:
Have you had a great experience with Raise3D that you would like to share? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information about Raise3D printers and services, browse our website, or schedule a demo with one of our 3D printing experts.