What Are the Quality, Standard and Speed Templates?
ideaMaker has built-in three slice templates with set parameters, namely Speed, Standard and High Quality. You can choose the appropriate slice template according to your needs.
1. How to Find the Slice Template?
- Open ideaMaker, click “Slice” in the menu bar, and then click “Manage Templates”.
Figure 1 Open “Manage Templates”
- In the “Select Template” interface, select your printer type and filament type. When you select the filament in the menu bar, each filament followed by “template” in brackets on the right side is the built-in slice template of ideaMaker.
Figure 2 Select ideaMaker built-in filament template
- Take the printer Raise3D E2, filament “[Raise 3D] PLA 1.75mm (3 templates)” as an example, ideaMaker provides you with three template types, namely Speed, Standard and High Quality.
Figure 3 Three kinds of templates
2. The Basic Differences Between the Three Slice Templates
- Speed: The “Speed” slice template is designed to increase the printing speed of the model, and you can obtain the printing results in the shortest time, thereby greatly improving the productivity. But the pursuit of fast printing will sacrifice some printing accuracy, because the “Speed” template has a higher layer height and a faster printing speed, so the printing effect and dimensional accuracy are the lowest.
Speed slice template is suitable for:
- Printing models with fast product iteration speed; printing models for updating the product.
- Small batch production, fast production to maintain the highest productivity.
- Printing the initial model to verify the design concept.
Figure 4 Speed slice template
- The printing speed and printing quality of the “Standard” slice template is medium. The printing quality is higher than that of the speed template, and you can print models with medium precision requirements, such as auto parts, spare parts and tools.
Figure 5 Standard slice template
- The “High Quality” slice template aims to pursue the highest precision and the highest printing effects. Because the printing speed is low, the productivity is relatively low. The “High Quality” slice template is suitable for printing:
- Models with high precision, rich details and high surface quality
- Appearance verified products
- Converting the design drawings into entities to show the details of the design
Figure 6 High Quality slice template
- Take “[Raise 3D] PLA 1.75mm (3 templates)” as an example. The table below shows the differences in the basic parameters of the three slice templates Speed, Standard and High Quality. For more parameter differences, please refer to Appendix 1.
3. How to Compare the Parameter Difference of the Slice Templates?
1. Click “Slice” in the menu bar, and then click “Compare Templates
Figure 8 Open “Compare Templates”
- You can compare the detailed differences in the specific parameters of the three slice templates of ideaMaker.
- For example, you can compare Speed and Standard templates here
Figure 9 Compare the specific parameters of the default slice template
- You can also import the slice template from the local disk, and then compare the differences between the new slice template and the default slice template
Figure 10 Compare the difference between the local template and the default template