How to Import Multiple Models at the Same Time in ideaMaker
When users use 3D printers to print models in the early stages, they usually print only one model at a time until they get a satisfactory result. But when the model is composed of multiple parts, or when you want to print multiple model files at once, importing only one model at a time will increase your workload. This manual will teach you how import multiple models into ideaMaker at the same time.
1. Open ideaMaker and import the model. There are several ways to import model files.
- Click the “+” button to import the .STL, .OBJ or .3MF model files.
Figure 1 Click the “+” button to import the models
- Click “File” on the menu bar, and then click “Import Models” to import model files.
Figure 2 Click “Import Models” to import model files.
- Click the “Add” icon on the Tool Bar to import the model.
Figure 3 Click the “Add” icon on the Tool Bar to import the model
- When you open the local disk, you can click “Ctrl+S” to select multiple model files then import them into ideaMaker.
Figure 4 Directly select multiple models
- When you import multiple models into ideaMaker, you can select a single model to modify the size and position of the model.
Figure 5 Import multiple models
- You can also click the “Move” tool in the Tool Bar, and then click “Arrange All Models”, ideaMaker will automatically arrange all the models.
Figure 6 Arrange All Models
2. When you create a 3D model with model making software, if your model contains multiple parts, it is recommended for you to save the model in .3MF format (3D Manufacturing File).
- When you import a file in .3mf format, ideaMaker will automatically import all parts of the model.
- For example, “Box 1-4” is a model file in .3MF format. When you import this file into ideaMaker, the system will automatically import every part of the model. You can also modify each part individually.
Figure 7 Import the model file in .3MF format