How to Run the ideaMaker 3D Slicing Software for the First Time
ideaMaker is a slicing software that can convert 3D models into G-Code instructions that can be recognized by 3D printers. ideaMaker is suitable for Raise3D equipment. If third-party equipment is used, you can also adjust the relevant parameters in ideaMaker.
Where Can ideaMaker Be Downloaded?
- 1. ideaMaker is available in the USB storage included in the accessory box with your printer.
- You can get the latest version on Raise 3D official website at: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download.
Currently ideaMaker supports Windows, MAC, Linux32-bit and Linux64-bit systems.
Figure 1 Download the ideaMaker installation package
What Are the System Requirements for ideaMaker?
Microsoft Windows XP or later, 64-bit recommended
Mac OS X v10.10 or later
Ubuntu 14.04 or later
2GB of RAM, 8GB or more recommended
OpenGL 2.0-capable system
Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
2.0 GB or more of available hard-disk space
1280 x 800 display with 32-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM
How Can ideaMaker Be Installed?
- After the installation package is downloaded, double-click to open it. Select the language of the installation package you need.
Note: If your computer has installed ideaMaker, you need to click Yes to uninstall it first
Figure 2 Uninstall the previous ideaMaker version
- Before installing, you need to close ideaMaker which is running in background. If not, ideaMaker will pop-up installation error as Figure 3.
Figure 3 Close the ideaMaker running in background
- After closing all ideaMaker processes, enter the ideaMaker installer.
Figure 4 Enter the ideaMaker installer
- Read the installation license agreement and click “I Agree” to go to the next step.
Figure 5 Read the installation license agreement
- Select the installation path for ideaMaker and click “Next”.
Figure 6 Select the installation path
- Select the components you want to install, and then click “Install” to start the installation process.
Note: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable is auto checked by the installation software. If you have installed that in your computer before, you don’t need to select it again.
Figure 7 Select the components
- After the installation is completed, click “Next” to complete the installation.
Figure 8 The installation is complete
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation of ideaMaker, you can choose to run the software immediately or enter the Raise3D official website. Click “Finish” to complete the installation process.
Figure 9 Complete the installation process
- You can run ideaMaker and start your first printing.
Figure 10 Run ideaMaker
- The following are common installation errors for your reference:
A) The installation package was not fully downloaded. You can try to re-download the installation packaging.
Figure 11 The installation package was not fully downloaded
B) Error opening file for writing, if you encounter this error during installation, try to close the ideaMaker running in background via task manager, then click “Retry” to install again.
Figure 12 Close the ideaMaker running in background and click “Retry”