List of Tools Needed
- Super Lube PTFE or similar.
- Soft cloth for cleaning.
1 To start lubricating the 3D printer axes, power on the Raise3D E2. Access to the “Utilities” menu on your screen and press the “Motor Disable” button for the X/Y/Z axes as it shows on the right side at the bottom of your screen.
2. Grab your soft cloth and start wiping off all the original lube from the X, Y, and Z axes along with their lead screws as shown on the following images.
3. Grab your soft cloth and start wiping off all the original lube from the X, Y, and Z axes along with their leadscrews as shown on the following images.
4. Apply new lube to all the previously cleaned shafts and leadscrews.
5. Next, to evenly distribute the lube, gently move the extruders and the heated plate around.
6. Now, access to the “Utilities” page, and with the option “Move Axes” select “10mm” for move steps under the Z menu. Then, gently move the build plate front to back several times to evenly distribute the applied lube. See the image below for your reference.
Finally, for the best results, our recommendation is to follow this process every three months. In case you see that the shaft gets dry, you can evaluate to increase the frequency of applying the lube.
Connect with Raise3D:
Have you had a great experience with Raise3D that you would like to share? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information about Raise3D printers and services, browse our website, or schedule a demo with one of our 3D printing experts.