Changing the nozzle on the Pro2 and Pro2 Plus 3D printers is a simple five-step process. However, before attempting to change the 3D printer nozzles, review the instructions for removing or re-installing the assembled hot end to the extruder head at the Manual Pro2 Series -032 How to Replace the Hotend-V1.0.
-8mm socket wrench
1. Check if the hot end is covered with a silicone sleeve. If it is, then remove the silicone sleeve from the hot end.
Then use an 8mm socket wrench to remove the old nozzle from the heating block.
To prevent any damage to the components of the hot end, DO NOT exert force on the throat tube. Hold the solid section of the heating block during adjustments.
2. Insert a cleaning rod completely through the hot end and ensure the tube is completely clear of blockages.
Screw the new nozzle into the heating block but do not tighten it completely. Ensure that there is a visible gap between the nozzle and the heating block.
3. Hold onto the heating block and tighten the throat tube by rotating the heat sink. Rotate it until the nozzle ‘catches’ on the tube (meaning it will begin to spin).
The heat sink may be askew when the right position is achieved. This is normal and will be adjusted in the later steps.
*If the heat sink is loose on the throat tube, secure the fixing screw before tightening the throat tube.
4. Hold on the heating block with an Allen key, and tighten the nozzle completely using an 8mm socket wrench. Check that a gap between the nozzle and the heating block is maintained.
5. Re-attach the silicone sleeve, then loosen the fixing screw on the heatsink. Lie the hot end assembly on a flat surface, rotating the heat sink so that the fixing screw is facing outwards.
Move the heat sink down so that it rests on the silicone sleeve and tighten it into place.
If you do not have a silicone sock, adjust the heat sink so that it is flush with the bottom of the large cylinder.
To reinstall the hot end assembly into the extruder head, please refer to the instructions in Manual Pro2 Series -032 How to Replace the Hotend-V1.0.